NZC partner Eurocities, a major network of European cities, is recruiting a Climate Neutral Cities Advisor to work on the NZC project. The selected person will connect cities with the support for their needs that the NZC project offers via its One Stop Shop Platform and its consortium expertise. The Climate Neutral Cities Advisor will help cities on their journey towards climate neutrality by:
- Linking city counterparts to individuals from the consortium or other cities that have relevant expertise or experience
- Supporting the first cohort of cities through the CCC process, facilitating the development of commitments, and action and investment plans. The matching of Climate Neutral Cities Advisors to individual cities and/or clusters of cities will be determined when the first cohort have joined NZC and been clustered
- Helping pilot cities advance systemic, high-impact work with support from across the consortium
- Supporting identification, development, and coaching of municipal change makers for them to increase their impact
- Coordinating and supporting the implementation of the Learning Programme with Twin Cities, including peer learning between the Twin Cities, and their interactions with their mentor Pilot Cities with whom they are twinned
- Contributing to co-design and input into sense-making and learning events
- Helping cities access the Platform for systemic, Mission-level support, and answering day-to-day questions.
Experience working with cities as well as climate knowledge are needed for this job position.
More information on job requirements and selection procedure available on EUROCITIES website. Applications are open until Sunday 20 February 2022.